- Postdoctoral researcher and lecturer at the Institue for Social Pedagogy and Organisation Studies, University of Hildesheim
research methods | SNA (social network analysis) – esp. ego-centered and qualitative approaches | transnational social work | migration and mobility | youth
- Soziale Kontake & Corona (3/2020-)
- Schutznorm: Schutzkonzepte in der Kinder- und Jugendarbeit (5/2019-)
- Care leaving statistics (10/2018-)
- Interplay of geographical distance and network context in understanding reciprocity in social support in familial relationships, together with Gil Viry (University of Edinburgh) (2017-)
- Positioning in transnational educational settings, togehter with Lena Laube (FIW Bonn) (2016-)
- Qualitative Structural Analysis, together with Luisa Peters and Inga Truschkat (University of Hildesheim) (since 2012 – ).
Past research projects
- MOVE “Mapping mobility – pathways, institutions and structural effects of youth mobility in Europe (MOVE)” (2016-2018)
- Social support structures in emergency (more information here). (2017-2018)
- Ego-centered network data analysis in R: R package egor for importing and analysing ego-centered network data, together with Till Krenz (University of Magdeburg) and Raffaele Vacca (University of Florida) (since 2014 – 2018).
- Study conditions and professional success of alumni of the Institute of Social Pedagogy and Organisation Studies (“SOPAS II: Sozial- und OrganisationsPädagogik AbsolventInnenStudie 2017”) (University of Hildesheim), together with Svea Korff (2017-2018).
- Engagement of social work scholars in social policy in Germany. Project is part of an international comparision (more information here), together with Stefan Köngeter (University of Trier) (2014-2015).
- Explaining variation in personal network data from standardized surveys (GGSS 2010) along interviewer AND other effects, together with Sören Petermann (GESIS/ Cologne) (since 2014-2016).
- Postdoctoral researcher in the research training group “Transnational social support” at the University of Hildesheim (5/2013-3.2016).
- Network and organisation structures of “Transferträger”. RegioTrans – Regionale Vernetzung von Transferträgern, University of Hildesheim, together with Luisa Peters and Inga Truschkat (4/2012- 4/2013)
- PhD project: Structures of transnational social support – an ego-centered network analysis of personal communities in context of migration (page of research training group); (2008-2012); Find a paper-version of the online-quesionnaire developed and used in the Phd project here.
- Project on equal opportunities in structured doctoral support in Germany, University of Hildesheim (6/2011-3/2012).
- Study conditions and professional success of alumni of the Institute of Social Pedagogy and Organisation Studies (“Sozial- und OrganisationsPädagogik AbsolventInnenStudie 2011”) (University of Hildesheim) (more information here), together with Svea Korff (2011/2012).
- RELAPP (relational approaches in the applied social sciences)
- RNNR (research network network research) – a network discussing network stuff
- INSNA (International Network of Social Network Analysis)
- DGS: Soziologische Netzwerkforschung [German sociological association: sociological network research]
- Research Fellow of the research training group on “transnational social support”